We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use, process and disclose personal information (“personal data”) provided to us by visitors to kealkillns.ie and/or those people and organisations we deal with on behalf of those visitors in the course of our work. It also includes personal data provided to us on our website at https://www.kealkillns.ie
Who We Are
We are Kealkill National School, Kealkill Co. Cork, Ireland. Our data protection controller, is Ms. Elaine Cronin and she can be contacted at email@example.com
This policy relates to the privacy practices of Kealkill National School (hereafter KKNS) in connection with this website. Any external links to other websites will be identifiable as such and KKNS will not be responsible for your privacy, or the content of any website or links, once you leave this website.
We fully respect your right to privacy. Accordingly, we will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you provide to KKNS will be processed in accordance with applicable data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018 (‘the DPA’). This policy applies to all of our websites and domains.
Why and on What Grounds We Process Your Data
For people who view and interact with our website, we will only process your personal data where you provide it to us for a particular reason, including:
• To respond to queries you send through our ‘contact us’ form;
• To provide you with information or advice about our school where you make contact with us via the website;
• To sign you up to any relevant newsletter or other updates when you are an existing part of the school community or when you request information of that kind via our website;
• To review and process feedback you might provide to us;
• Where you are a job applicant or potential job applicant, to contact you and ascertain your suitability for any current or future role with KKNS.
We will not process personal data obtained through this website for any other reason other than that for which it has been provided to us unless we are required to do so by law or in order to protect your vital interests.
Where you are a part of KKNS’s school community and have given consent to school policies, those policies – which you will have received and given your consent to at the outset of your child’s time at Kealkill NS – will take legal precedence.
It is also possible to visit or browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website. When you visit our website however, certain anonymous data will be available to us automatically via our internet service provider and may be aggregated anonymously (e.g. via Google Analytics). This kind of data may include: the domain name you use (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net), the type of browser and operating system you use, the date and time you accessed our website, and the pages you visited. You will not be identifiable from this data.
We use this data mainly for statistical purposes to help us make our website more user-friendly and efficient. We do not use any personal data for the purposes of profiling.
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. For these reasons we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Some of the cookies we use may be essential for the Site to operate. Currently, we use Google Analytics.
How we Use your Personal Data
Personal data submitted via our website may take the form of: contact form submissions. We also reserve the right to keep records of telephone calls; notes from meetings, emails, and records of data that may arise after your initial contact via our website.
It is important to remember that information communicated to KKNS is subject to the school’s confidentiality obligations. Where you are a job applicant or a potential job applicant, your personal data might be shared with members of our Board of Management in order to help us assess your suitability for a potential role, and that Board of Management is also subject to confidentiality obligations.
Where, for any reason, we feel it is necessary to share your personal data with a third party, any such processing will be carried out in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Agreement. For all other visitors to our website, your personal data will generally not be shared with any third party.
How Long we Keep Your Data For
Where you are a visitor to the KKNS website, your personal data will be retained for a maximum of two months unless we have further consent to retain your data. Where you are a job applicant or a potential job applicant, your personal data will be retained for a period of up to 1 year. For all other visitors to our website, your personal data will be retained for as long as we have your consent to do so.
How we Keep Your Data Safe and Secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. These measures will include:
• storing your personal data on a secure server (access to central IT servers is restricted in a secure location to a limited number of staff with appropriate procedures for the accompaniment of any non-authorised staff or contractors)
• access to personal data is restricted to authorised staff on a ‘need-to-know’ basis in accordance with a defined policy
• access to computer systems is password-protected and we may also use other authentication measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information
• information on computer screens and manual files are kept hidden from callers to our school
• a back-up procedure is in operation for computer-held data, including off-site back-up
• all reasonable measures are taken to ensure that staff are made aware of the school’ s security measures, and comply with them
• all waste papers, printouts, etc. are disposed of carefully
• a designated person is responsible for security and for periodic reviews of the measures and practices in place.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of Data Outside the European Economic Area
KKNS will generally not process your personal data outside the European Economic Area. In the unlikely circumstances where such transfers are required, we will ensure that those transfers are lawful in accordance with Chapter 5 of the GDPR.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
• Access the data: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
• Rectification: you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
• Erasure: you have the right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
• Restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
• Data portability – you have the right to request that we provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in order to exercise these rights, we may be required to verify your identity.
Warranty and Disclaimer
When submitting any information via this website, you are warranting that the information is accurate and correct, and does not violate any obligation of confidentiality (or other legal or contractual obligation), break any law or applicable regulation, or subject KKNS to any liability.
To the extent that receipt of any information violates the foregoing warranty or subjects KKNS to any legal action or liability, you hereby agree to defend and hold harmless KKNS from all such legal action or liability.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, or if you have any queries or feedback, we ask you to contact us by emailing email@example.com so that we can rectify the situation.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission at the following address:-
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois. Tel. (0761) 104 800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Changes to this Policy
We will keep this policy under review and may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access the website.
To contact us, use our website form, call us on 027 66298, or write to us at Kealkill National School, Kealkill, Co. Cork.